cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration script stored on router

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the issue:  I have several Cisco 2811 ISR Routers that are functioning as CallManager MGCP voice gateways.  These routers have prtial PRI's attached to them which I realize are not supported by Cisco CallManager using MGCP.  The problem is that whenever the router gets rebooted, the configuration under Controller T1 ends up with the improper PRI Timeslots command and I have to go in and manually change it.

Solution:  I have developed smal text files for each router that contains all of the commends needed to get the chnage accomplished (you have to shut down things and remove lines elsewhere to be able to change the PRI Timeslots) and I just telnet to the router and cut and paste the commands into the router.

However, I would like to store those files on the router in such a way that I could telenet to the router and then either somehow display the file and then copy/paste it in or possible have a file that could be run to make the changes.  That way I could do the job quickly fram anyplace I could telnet to the router and not have to have the text files on the local machine.

Does anyone know of a way I might be able to accomplish this or of a different way of doing this that might be easier or more automated?

Thanks,

Gene

1 Reply 1

alitadir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gene, you can write the configuration to the flash memory and you can upload it to the running config whenever you want;

for example;

copy running-config flash:t1config.text

and then

copy flash:t1config.text running-config

Hope this helps

Ali TADIR

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card