cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure E1 Controller Card in cisco 2801 Router

kumaranchn
Level 1
Level 1

Connectivity from india to uk end through lease line. (Lease line is woring fine). Ineed to connect the Alcatel pbx in both for voice connectivity. I need your help in configuring e1 controller card.

13 Replies 13

The link is not working. If you need he configuration I will send it.

Sorry i could not understand..

Are you saying you were able to configure the controller or would you be sending the configurations that need to be done?

Narayan

We are having 2 offices conectivity from India to UK through lease line connectivity. Through Alcatel Pbx line we have to configure the Voice card ie (if we dial 84) it should be connected to uk directly) through E1 Controller card. If you need the configuration I will send it.

Is not that we need the configuration. Please describe the problem you are facing.

The Issue is the E1 Controller card is still down (ie Status is up ; Protocol is down). For more details I have attached the configuration of Sh run,Sh ip int brief & Sh version).

Are you positive about setting no-crc4 and linecode ami (that's uncommon) as confirmed by telco ? Please check output of "show controllers e1" and "show interface serial x/y".

if I configured framing cr4 the contoller E1 is getting down. If you are willing to access the router pls reply I will give my mobile number

I don't need to access the router. You would need to post here output of the two commands I mentioned above.

i have attached the show controller E1 and interface serial ie E1 Controller.

Are we talking about the data circuit to UK? If so I think you have configured for 1 timeslots whereby you need 30 (or 31), check with SP.

so enter:

interface Serial0/2/0:1

shutdown

controller e1 0/2/0

shutdown

no channel-group 1 timeslots 30

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-31

no shutdown

interface Serial0/2/0:1

no shutdown

ip address ...

instead if you want to do voice with this device, you are lacking the DSP resources and a voice version of IOS on it. The you should move to unified voice the discussion.

In any case you need to configure the following to fix the slip on the circuit.

network-clock-participate wic 2

network-clock-select 5 e1 2/0

I have attached the configuration of router.

Now I need to get the E1 controller card to become up (ie Protocol). I have to connect from router to Alcatel Exchange.

interface serial 0/2/0:1

shutdown

controller E1 0/2/0

shutdown

no channel-group 1 timeslots 30

primary-group

no shutdown

int serial 0/2/0:15

isdn protocol-emulate network

Note: you need PVDM2-32 module inserted in the router (or smaller if you plan for less that 32 calls) to do this.

Please post other voice related questions to "unified communications" forum that you can locate on the left linkbar.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco