cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure VWIC-1MFT-E1 for ISDN data

paulmcmanus000
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to configure VWIC-1MFT-E1 for ISDN data on new 3845 (12.4(3c)with advancedipservices)

When I try to configure pri-group timeslots its says.

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 0/1/0

% The remaining dsp resources are enough for 0 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 1 extra dsp(s) are required to create this voice port.

There also seems to be no isdn commands like sh isdn status.

I'm I missing something here

10 Replies 10

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Could you please advise what command you are using ? If data only, there shoule not be a problem.

Below is the sample.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008042052c.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jack

network-clock-participate wic 1

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller E1 0/1/0

framing CRC4 Australia

router(config)#controller e1 0/1/0

router(config-controller)#pri-group timeslots 1-10,16

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 0/1/0

% The remaining dsp resources are enough for 0 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 1 extra dsp(s) are required to create this voice port.

This is the way I would usually configure it on a NM-1CE1T1-PRI.

The link you have provided is for the 2nd generation card - do I need that card to configure ISDN data?

Hi

Earlier you have mentioned that the PRI line has to be configured for data.Then your configuration should be "channel-group" not pri-group".

Pls revert back if you have any questions.

Regards

JD

Sorry, below is the correct link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5014/products_feature_guide09186a00800880e9.html

I think you are referring to this link to use "Pri-group". I used to use "channel-group", try to follow JD's suggestion to test again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800f086d.shtml

According to below link, it describes channel-group Specify the timeslots to channel-group mapping for an interface; pri-group Configure the specified timeslots for PRI. It also confused me....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800a17e0.html

Hello,

I don't want to add to the confusion, but just be aware that if you set up the card to use ISDN PRI signaling, there is no support for ISDN data connection. The card cannot terminate ISDN 64K or 56K data connection; the card only supports voice-call termination with ISDN PRI signaling. That is why you get the error message you are seeing...

Regards,

GNT

Hi

.........And you even do nothave to give "isdn switch-type..."

Regards

JD

still no luck when configured with channel-group

what worries me is I have no isdn commands like

show isdn xxx

or

debug isdn xxx

Hi

Can u give following feedback by asking the telco?

(1)Line is 2Mbps framed of unframed?

(2)What is the line code

(3)What has to be clock source?

(4)We have to enable framing or not?

A typical config. for 2Mb e1 I do at home is:

"channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31 speed 64

clock source line

linecode HDB3

framing no-crc4

int s0/0:15

ip add

encap

Regards

JD

Paul, could you please provide full config. to avoid any missing command ?

Are you installed the VWIC module at native HWIC slot on 3845 or VIC slot on NM-HD-2VE, NM-HDV or NM-HDV2 ?

If not, it may not suppotred. Try install it in the HWIC slot in router directly.

This is config from old router (3640 with NM-1CE1T1-PRI) with existing ISDN service which works perfectly well.

!

controller E1 1/0

framing CRC4 Australia

pri-group timeslots 1-21

interface Serial1/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool-member 1

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

The new E1 controller actually comes and has no alarms or errors. Just can't configure it for ISDN data calls & there is no ISDN commands to try and troubleshoot.

regards,

PMM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card