Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configure VWIC3 for data-only, no voice

On a 2911 with a VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1, is there a special configuration that I need to do to make it data-only?  We don't need voice yet, and all the configurations that I've seen as I read through hundreds of posts talk about configuring the card for voice, and so far zilch for data-only.  My configuration is as follows:

!
card type t1 0 0
!
!
controller T1 0/0/0
 cablelength long 0db
 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
!
!
interface Serial0/0/0:0
 description T1 to ISP
 ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.252
!

As you can see, I used configuration examples I found on the Internet, which I found to be the right way to configure the VWIC3 according to the Cisco manual.  This must be the bare minimum configuration to get it working.  However, I feel that this configuration is for voice, and may hinder data traffic.  If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Many thanks!

Arnel

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Arnel I do not see anything

Arnel

I do not see anything in the config that you posted that looks to be oriented to voice. You asked to be pointed in the right direction and as far as I can tell you are going in the right direction already.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies