Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a transit router which has 2 different internet gateway

enkhbat.n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are implementing the transit gateway router in Mongolia which has 2 internet gateways. One of these GWs flows to Asian side, and other flows to European side. Our purpose is that if a connection is between here and European, European should be used, and if other connection is established, Asian GW will be used. So, how can we seperate like that?

Thank you,

Enkhbat.N

4 Replies 4

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Can you rephrase your query. Not clear specially below line

if a connection is between here and European, European should be used, and if other connection is established, Asian GW will be used

Regards

Mahesh

connect2world
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I believe you need policy based routing. Basically, this require a router(capable of policy based routing) to be infront of the traffic destine to your two destination subnet.The idea is that the routing will be based on the access-list you define for your outgoing subnet destination. The link here will provide you with more information : https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8313

Hi,

This post looks like what I was looking for. That is really good one.

Thank you

Can you rate my reply if you find my suggestion is helpful, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card