cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring dedicated bandwidth for seperate networks over WAN DS3

bwilloby46
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a T1 at our DR/Mainframe site for connectivity to WAN with EIGRP. We will be moving to a 6MB DS3 over the WAN with BGP shortly to accommodate our DR plan with existing infrastructure, and the T1 will be removed. We are also moving from AT&T Legacy NVPN cloud to AT&T AVPN cloud. Eventually NVPN cloud will be pahsed out and all sites will be AVPN.  I want to dedicate bandwidth to each network segment, DR and Mainframe. Basically, I want to dedicate 1.5 mbps of bandwidth from DS3 to Mainframe Segment, and the remaining 4.5Mbps of bandwidth on DS3 for replication and archiving to DR. We will constantly be sending data to the DR segment and do not want to infringe on the 1.5Mbps needed for our mainframe connection.

What is the best way to do this based on subnet?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Please see attached Diagram.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is more than one way.

For example, shape DR traffic to 4.5 Mbps.

Hello, thanks for replying.

Can you provide a little more detail on traffic shaping and possibly a configuration example? or any of the other ways to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Documentation is the best starting point really.

I would like to learn of different ways to resolve the issue from people willing to contribute their experiences and examples of the above described issue.  Documentation is a good starting point as long as you know what you are looking for.  Thanks.

You would be looking for "class-based qos bandwith allocation", in modular QOS CLI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card