cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring G.703 and X.21 line

shitching
Level 1
Level 1

We?ve got a new point-to-point 2,048Kb circuit which I?m trying to use for the first time. Normally I?d have the line terminated as X.21 at each end, and connect with no problems. However this circuit is terminated as G.703 at one end and X.21 at the other.

I?m after a sanity check here, because I?ve no experience with G.703 so I don?t even know if this should work.

At one end I have a 2610 with a WIC-1T, I?m using a Cisco X.21 cable to plug straight into the SP?s X.21 interface.

At the other end I have a 3640 with a NM-4T. I?m using a Cisco X.21 cable to plug into a BlackBox G.703 media converter (MTU900), which in turn plugs into the SP?s RJ45 interface. I?m using a straight through CAT5 cable between the BlackBox and SP.

I intend to use the line as a point-to-point data (IP) link.

All I?ve configured on the routers are the IP addresses and bandwidth, as I?d do if both ends were X.21. Any help would be much appreciated. Re-terminating isn?t much of an option as that could take months.

Cheers,

Shane.

1 Reply 1

shitching
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to bump this back up to the top but I'm a bit desperate.

Should I be able to use a line that's termniated as G.703 at one end, and X.21 at the other, for data?

Cheers,

Shane.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco