Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring interface IMA

pacquaviva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would configure an interface IMA on C3660 . Now, I have an interface atm active (link 2) and another in shut but linked (link 3).

the final scenario is that these interface belong to an IMA group and one link is active.

I have configured the ima-group and I have created the new interface ima using the following command:

ma clock-mode common

ima differential-delay-maximum 75

ima active-links-minimum 1

ima test link 3

ima test link 2

Now, I have a doubt about the ip address to configure. Does this address must be the same at the ip address now configured on active interface ATM?

Do I have to cancel the actual address on active interface?

Thank you.

Regrads, paolo

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

IMA allows you to aggregate multiple low-speed links into one larger virtual trunk or IMA group. An inverse multiplexer appears to your ATM switch router as one logical pipe. This IMA group provides modular bandwidth for user access to ATM networks for connections between ATM network elements at rates between the traditional order multiplex levels, such as between T1 or E1 and T3 or E3. For more information follow the url ,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps718/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800f01b8.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card