Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the Static Route to Diffrent ISP'S At Same Time

roopesh.n
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

I need help for Configuring the Static Route to ISP.

I Will Describe our Network Structure .

We have Two ISP A and B A is primary A and B is Secondary. Now we configured the B as Back up for A using Static rote with different Administrative Distance Value. Now i want to how we can use both at the same time and how we can deviate some special traffic to ISP B.Ex: We have some Remote VPN I want to use ISP B for All Remote VPN Connection.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

And Can you Tell Is it possible to Create Two Site To Site VPN To Same Peear Using Diffrent Source

As far as I know yes.

Remote VPN Mean's Our Users Are Using Remote VPN Client Softwares.

Ok that's what I understood.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Hi,

that you can achieve on the ASA in routed mode, that is not changing your design.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Regards.

Alain

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you configure 2 static default routes with same AD then they will get both installed in the RIB and the switching process will take care of the load-balancing.By default the switching process is CEF and it does per src-dst IP load-balancing.

Now if you want to send some traffic on one link and all the rest on the other link you should use PBR.

You can post your sanitized config and we will add the necessary commands to achieve your goal, please also post a diagram with explanations.

Regards.

Alain

Thanks For  The Replay Alain

In  my Case Bothe the ISP Connection are Connected to A Layer 3 Switch .

All LAN Routed to The Same Layer 3 Switch, Switch to ASA, ASA to Two Routers that represent 2 ISP with Diffrent AD.

So I think We need to do the PBR on ASA. Please tell me Which part of the Configuration We need to discuss. And one more thing here we are not using IP SLA.

Thanks

Roopesh 

Hi,

the ASA doesn't support PBR.

Can you provide a diagram because a picture is worth a thousand words.

Regards.

Alain

HI,

Please find the Diagram,

Hi,

so you want all traffic from end users to go through ISP A and traffic from VPN clients to go through ISP B  ?

Is that so ? and your static routes are on the ASA ?

But you can't do PBR on the ASA, I'm gonna search for solutions because I've never implemented such a requirement but if your ASA was in transparent mode you could do easy VPN on Router connected to ISP B and leave the router connected to ISP A as default gateway for the regular data traffic but you wouldn't have failover unless you use HSRP or VRRP but I've got to see if there is no problem with these 2 protocols passing through a transparent ASA.

Regards.

Alain

Hi Alain,

That Trafic I need to Send through ISB B.

And Can you Tell Is it possible to Create Two Site To Site VPN To Same Peear Using Diffrent Source .

Thanks

Roopesh

Hi,

And Can you Tell Is it possible to Create Two Site To Site VPN To Same Peear Using Diffrent Source

As far as I know yes.

Ok that's what I understood.

Regards.

Alain

Thank you Alian,

One more question How Can I Use both link at a time and one fails another become Backup.

Thanks

Roopesh

Hi,

that you can achieve on the ASA in routed mode, that is not changing your design.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Regards.

Alain

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card