Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring the VWIC-1MFT-G703 card

lunarsystems
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I will be installing the Cisco 1841 router with the VWIC-1MFT-G703. This VWIC-1MFT-G703 will connect to another router over a 128 Kbps link. CAB-E1-RJ45BNC cable will be used.

The configuration for the link:

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252

invert txclock

bandwidth 128

I have never installed/configured any E1/T1 interface and I do not quite understand how would I go about configuring the card.

Do I start with the "controller E1 0/0/0" command ?

I cannot assign the ip address to the controller. Right?

Do I need to use channels and how many for the 128Kbps link?

I think I need to assign an ip address to the serial channel, but to which one?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Hi, lunarsystems

How it is the link that will connect this two routers ? It's a connection over a ISP ? What is the tecnology. This routers are in a same place?

Anyway...

The configuration commands for E1 controllers is based at channels. In total are 32 channels of 64 K. This channels are called "timeslots" and you can group this channels in a "channelgroups". When you group timeslots in a a channelgroup you create a serial interface with a bandwith of the total timeslots used.

Ex::.

router#configure terminal

router(config)#controller E1 0/0/0

router(config-controller)#channel-group 1 timeslots 1-2 ( this you need check with your isp )

With this you creat a serial interface 0/0/0:1

and you can apply all the ip configurations into that interface.

Don't forget to do a no shutdown command into a controller E1 end into a serial interface.

Best regards,

Alessandro.

Thanks for the info Alessandro,

Yes, the connection will be over an telco ISP. I am not sure about the technology, but I will be using the CAB-E1-RJ45BNC.

I have tried looking up info on the CAB-E1-RJ45BNC cable which I am going to use to connect the VWIC-1MFT-G703 car to the link, but could not find much info.

Is it possible to determine the technology and configuration from knowing that the cable is the CAB-E1-RJ45BNC?

Kind regards,

Andrei

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card