Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 in 2821

I have a 2821 with a VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 module installed in HWIC slot1, a WIC 1DSUT1 in HWIC slots 0 and 2. I am trying to configure the VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 module for MLPPP connection. The command "card type t1 0" was issued and accepted by the router but I don't see the VWIC2 when I do a ?sh ip int br.? Therefore, I am having a hard time configuring the two interfaces on the VWIC. Any suggestions as to what I should do to resolve the issue?

Please see the screen capture from "sh diag" in the attachment.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configuring VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 in 2821

The 'card type' command would make the router aware of the card in the slot. This can be verified by doing a 'show diag' from the privilege exec mode. To configure the serial interface you would need to configure the controller first.

Have a look at this link for configuring the controller;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Configurations

HTH

Sundar

define controllers too... use this command or something similar, then you will see the serial interfaces in sh ip int bri command output.

controller T1 0/0

framing sf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

5 REPLIES
Silver

Can you give me IOS name.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

The 'card type' command would make the router aware of the card in the slot. This can be verified by doing a 'show diag' from the privilege exec mode. To configure the serial interface you would need to configure the controller first.

Have a look at this link for configuring the controller;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Configurations

HTH

Sundar

The IOS version that is on the router is C2800NM-SPsSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.4(3a)

define controllers too... use this command or something similar, then you will see the serial interfaces in sh ip int bri command output.

controller T1 0/0

framing sf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

Removed

Views
Helpful
Replies