Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 2 Cisco 2960s with SFP

elroykhlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Recently, I am going to connect 2 Cisco 2960s with Fibre at different floors. Do it need any configuration for connecting 2 switch with fibre and SFP module?

Many Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

6 Replies 6

jwood
Level 1
Level 1

Will other be multiple vlans that we be used on these switches?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks for your quick reply. For my network diagram, is that I will create a VLAN as an external switch to connect between the external router and the firewall. For the rest of switch will share same VLAN for client connection.

Many Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

Hello

Give each switch an svi interface and default-gateway (for management purposes)
Trunk interface between the two switches to carry the vlans.

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Is be we not it figured what asked?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Jaff,

I dont understand your question?

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Sorry for my limited knowledge, may I ask more about svi interface? And even my client connection share same default VLAN. It is also needed to trunk the SFP port?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card