cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 2 sites with Cisco 827 (ADSL)

ib13021958
Level 1
Level 1

I want to connect 2 sites, 1 with DC + PC's, the other site has only PC's. I try to join site 2 with the domain on site 1. I need for that a free and secure traffic between the 2 sites.

I understand that this can be done by GRE tunneling and IPsec, but how do you configure that ? Are there better alternatives ? Some helpfull information: each site is connected to the internet with a Cisco 827 (ADSL) and has a fixed ip-address on the internet. Lan ranges are on both sites 192.168.0.*, but that can easely be changed on site 2 i.e. into 192.168.1.* .

4 Replies 4

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

i guess you are pretty much on the right track.

i suggest you to modify site2 ip scheme from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x, and providing both sites have a static public ip, i would say lan-lan vpn is the way to go.

to configure, please have a read of the doc below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949ef.shtml#diag

feel free to discuss further if any assistance required with the config.

OK. I agree with your suggestions. But I cannot access the URL, because I have only a "guest access". This URL requires Partner access, I guess. Is it possible to copy the content of the web-page into a file and send it to my email-address (ivan.burvenich@scarlet.be) ?

please check your email account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card