Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Four Locations

ravinderrajput
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I Know I am asking for too much help here, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Our organization has three locations, all of the them have their own internet connection and other resources {FTP, MAIL}.

Now as per new company policy the Location 1 {Pls see the figure attached},

would be hub, all the resources FTP, MAIL and Internet would be there in location1.The location2 and location3 will use the resources{Internet,FTP,Mail}from location1 and also should be able to access local pcs. A New office, location4 would be setup that would have its own resources, but still should be able to access the LAN of Location1/2/3.

I don't have any experience is designing and setting up a new network, I have prepared a diagram, that is attached herewith, is this the right way to do it.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ravinder,

in old times you would have needed physical links between locations.

Now you have different options:

an MPLS L3 VPN service connecting the four locations.

This is good if you want high speed connections.

a possible variation is an MPLS L2 VPN that can be made of several point-to-point EoMPLS or a single VPLS giving a virtual lan between the 4 locations.

You can consider also IPSec VPN over the internet:

that is that each location keeps its current internet connection but it uses it just to build an ipsec tunnel to hub location.

this is good for moderate traffic volumes.

Routing will provide access to client vlans in each location

NAT configuration on hub location has to be extended to allow translation of ip addresses coming from other locations.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

". . . is this the right way to do it."

Not enough information to say, and even then, there are often many "right" ways.

Your new company policy, pulling services back to one location, isn't unusual, but many make this decision without understanding all the consequences, besides it will cut costs. At the remote sites, applications depending on network performance genernally degrade too, although with some of the latest WAAS/WAFS technology, this can be mitigated.

It's one thing getting your new network to work, another for it to work well. Much will depend on your requirements.

Best suggestion might be for you to try to obtain some additional network consultation beyond suggestions that might be offered on these forums.

The greatest difficulity with obtaining external consultation is determining the quality of it. For that, you might want to retain 2 or 3 different sources of consultation and/or run by recommendations on these forums.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card