cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting IGX to 2610

okanyilmaz
Level 1
Level 1

For training purposes, i am trying to connect the IGX to 2610. IGX has UFM 4C Back card with db-15 interface, 2610 has wic-2t installed on it.

Could anyone help me to connect these two devices back-to-back?

P.S:I have done this task before by putting an E1 Mainstreet between them acting as Telco. But now, i have lost my documentation of thsi method.

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

To connect these two, make a DB15 to RJ45 cable with the following connections:

RJ45 -- DB15

1 -- 3

2 -- 11

3 -- 4

4 -- 1

5 -- 9

6 -- 2

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Paresh,

Thank you for your advice but, the type of connector on the 2610 is smart serial not rj-45, how can i connect a smart serial interface to a DB-15 interface with correct signaling?

Whoops.. my apologies there.. I should have read your post a bit more carefully.

That's an interesting one. You are going between a serial interface and an x21 so a simple cable isn't going to hack it. You are going to need a box with some active circuitry to convert between the two, I guess. I've used an x21 to E1 converter from Nokia (DNT2M-G) for this purpose for some customers. Not sure you really wanted to buy something...

Paresh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: