Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Switch Module - session and log file management

sunilcnair
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Sunil Chandran.

i am new to this forum. we are planning to go for Cisco CSM for our project as a Server Load Balancer.please help me in knowing how Cisco CSM maintain session.

i have two real servers. i want my request to be routed to the correct server and all subsequent request from me to the same server. Cisco CSM provide persistence capabilities. but i am unsure how they maintain my session during my communication with a server.

Also i want to know whether Cisco CSM maintain any log info regarding this.

please help me in these topics.

3 Replies 3

hardiklodhia
Level 1
Level 1

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

Read the following and use either stickyness on Source IP or cookie-based:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/csm/4.1.x/4.1.2/configuration/guide/addftrs.html#wp1051258

That will help you maintain session persistence.

There is no real logging that is of value. The CSM doesn't have a way for you to log where every session goes (to what real server, etc).

hello all,

Thanks for your replies and helping me in getting my answers.

actually i understood the session maintanence from the link you have provided.also i got to know about the log information too.

now i need to know one more thing.

Is there any way that Cisco CSM server load balancer differentiates between HTTP and HTTPS requests?

please help me forward in it.

Thanks & regards

Sunil C

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card