cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller t1 card compatible with Cisco 1841 router?

dlipcsey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a quick question: Is a controller t1 card compatible with a 1841 router? We've been trying to replace our old hardware, including controller cards, but in one instance, we found out we still need this setup. When we replace the old Cisco 2610 router, can we just use the same controller t1 card in our new Cisco 1841 router? Thanks!

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, the data sheet says it is supported, but you might want to have a backup plan in case they do not work. The 2800 data sheet says it supports vwic-2mft-t1, but I had 2 sets of those wics, ones pulled from 2600s and ones ordered with the 2800s. The ones from the 2600s appeared identical, but they had older hardware revisions and would not work in 2800s.

-Eric

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have the info on the card? particularly, exact model and firmware/hardware versions. The latter can be found with "show diag". Most old cards do not work in ISR (1800, 2800, 3800) routers, but with the specific info I could try to confirm for your exact card. I know I have had many vwic-mft-t1 and vwic-2mft-t1 that do not work. The ISR requires newer hardware revs than we had in some 2600s and 2600XMs.

-Eric

I did a "sh diag" and here's some info:

T1 (2 port) Multi-Flex Trunk (Drop&Insert) WAN daughter card

Hardware revision 1.0 Board revision B0

Serial number 18243609 Part number 800-04614-01

FRU Part Number VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI=

Test history 0x0 RMA number 00-00-00

Connector type PCI

EEPROM format version 1

Hope this helps! Thank you for your reply!

Dan

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016a59b.html

You'll see the VWIC under the 'supported modules'

Well, the data sheet says it is supported, but you might want to have a backup plan in case they do not work. The 2800 data sheet says it supports vwic-2mft-t1, but I had 2 sets of those wics, ones pulled from 2600s and ones ordered with the 2800s. The ones from the 2600s appeared identical, but they had older hardware revisions and would not work in 2800s.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card