cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting from EIGRP to OSPF

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Our MPLS carrier does not pass EIGRP traffic but does allow OSPF.I am going to convert from EIGRP to OSPF on 10 Routers,I need to know what steps should I take for design and are there any documentation that details this procedure

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

in case you have only 10 routers I would recommend to place all of them in area 0 (OSPF backbone area). Basically you could use the same configuration on all of them:

router ospf 10

network 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 area 0

This will place every IP interface into area 0 and announce the respective network.

You can also configure "redistribute static" in case you have static routes in place somewhere.

A second option would be:

router ospf 10

network 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0

interface ethernet0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

This will enable OSPF only on ther ethernet interface. By doing this you have to enable OSPF on every interface where it is needed and have the choice where NOT to enable it.

There are also some examples for OSPF configuration on CCO. Have a look at

"Configuring OSPF"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3f2b.html

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card