Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Copying configs to flash in 2500

On my 2600, I can keep several alternative configurations on flash by simple doing copy run Lab01.R1.cfg and similar. When I want to retrieve the config, and can do a write erase followed by copying the file from flash to startup-config, then reload.

Can anyone tell me how to do the same on a 2500? The problem is that the 2500 goes into ROM mode to do the copy, and in that state it does not understand what "run" or "start" is. It tries to copy by downloading running-config or startup-config from TFTP on 255.255.255.255.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Copying configs to flash in 2500

What I think you have to config the 2500 back to normal config-register (0x2102) then copy the config. from flash to running memory.

Steps :

1) WR E

2) Reload router

3) Copy config from flash to running

4) WR M

No need to go to ROM mode.

You can use "no service config" to disable the router to load the config. from TFTP. But it is default enabled when you clear the config. and reload.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, that is not the problem. The problem is to write the running config into a file in the flash in the first place. When you try and copy run flash, it thinks you are downloading an IOS, and so goes into ROM mode for the copy. (That is because the 2500 runs its code directly from flash.) And once it is in ROM mode, it cannot see the running config any more.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Silver

IC. Sorry I have no 2500 on hand and can't confirm it can save config. to flash or not. I suspect it may only allow to save the config. in NVRAM. i.e. old platform

Views
Helpful
Replies