Views
Helpful
Replies

Couple of 2951 Questions

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I was wondering, if I get the PoE switch module for a 2951, will I need a different image than c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin to be able to configure and use it? 

Also, is the 4G WAN module backwards compatable with 3G?

More sh ver output from the 2951:

Technology Package License Information for Module:'c2951'

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Technology    Technology-package           Technology-package
              Current       Type           Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------
ipbase        ipbasek9      Permanent      ipbasek9
security      securityk9    Permanent      securityk9
uc              None           None                None
data           None           None                None

Thank you, Pat.        

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need anything different from what you have now.

Thanks, Paolo.

what about the second question?

Also, is the 4G WAN module backwards compatable with 3G?

Thanks again, Pat.

I believe so. Full specifications are in the data sheet.

Reagardng the router I must correct myself. For a PoE switch module, you will need the PoE power supply.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Yes, I have the Power supply. Thanks.

Hi Paolo,

Do the Router 2951 need this power supply to provide PoE? I have a sm-es3g-16-p card, but I´ve look out documentation and I do not see any about this information. It says that the Router can support this card without problem, but the card does not provide power. What do you recommend for this case? The IOS version is

c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M4.bin and the IOS switch mosule is c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-52.EX1.bin

Hope you can help

thanks in advance

The power supply for a 2900 without PoE- and with PoE support.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

Hi Leo thanks for your answer, that´s what I´ve seen in several documents and seems it should not have any problem to work proprly, the version is compatible, it works with Router power supply, PoE is provided by default, I checked inside of Router to verify if there was a wire, which is connecting to Router motherboard, any message in boot section and so on. however, I have not founded an answer why this card does not provide power.

thanks for your help.

OC

Omar - this is an old post and I'm not 100% sure if my memory serves but, I believe I had to order a different power supply than what came with the router to accommodate the PoE switch module.

Omar - this is an old post and I'm not 100% sure if my memory serves but, I believe I had to order a different power supply than what came with the router to accommodate the PoE switch module.

Patrick is correct.  You need a large PoE power supply to drive the PoE modules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card