Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

couple of BGP Questions

Hi Experts

couple of BGP Questions

1)when we use the BGP Hidden command : BGP Multipath as-path relax ,then the attribute Local Preference no longer important?

2)is the hidden command "BGP Multipath as-path relax" didnt work without the command maximun-path Y?

3)is the hidden command BGP Multipath as-path relax gives the same result as PfR?

4)is the the AS-PATH Attribute usefully for the download from ISP over another ISP?

thanks

Jamil

• WAN Routing and Switching
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

couple of BGP Questions

Hello Jamil,

1)  to take advantage of the command you need to avoid to apply a better local preference to one of the paths or that path will be preferred

please note that memory usage is increased with these commands in place.

2) yes it is part of the solution it is the command that tells to BGP pick more then one path from BGP table when possible

3) No, PFR will try to load share among possible exit paths a given destination network will use only one exit point not both

4)  I don't understand this

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Re: couple of BGP Questions

Hi Giuseppe

for 4)

i have two unequal Link to each ISP one of the link is is 16Mbps ,and onother link is 8 Mbps, the 16Mbps link always idle while the 8 Mbps always fully utilized , an my users always complain about the slowness of internet browsing , i need to use both links the 16 Mbps and the 8mbps at the same time

pls see attachment for more info about the setup also pls have a look to the below thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3634806#3634806

Hall of Fame Super Silver

couple of BGP Questions

Hello Ibrahim,

because it is a recent  thread I would go on that one.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Re: couple of BGP Questions

thanks Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies