cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRC error

thiru.vel10
Level 1
Level 1

We are doing router refreshment project. We are replacing 1700 router with 1841 router. But the 1700 router having Ethernet port 1841 router having Fastethernrt port. We are facing some problem while replacing 1841 router. Fast Ethernet port having CRC error and collecting error ( half duplex and speed 10) this problem is not in 1700 router. Problem with only 1841 router

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Thiru

Try changing both speed/duplex on the other end (most probably switch) where the router ethernet interface is getting terminated and check.

Else try to hardcode both speed/duplex to half/10 in your router which i suggest is not a best practice to do so.

regds

gajanangavli
Level 1
Level 1

configure the

speed 100

duplex full

check

int fa x/x

port for which u r getting the errors .Make sure that duplex and speed should be matched on both side.

Yes i feel changeing the speed will help.

If you need to get the right speed then i would suggest to check what speed the 1700 routers port is at and change to the same on the new router.

In 1700 router settings are half duplex and speed 10, I configured the same in 1842 router but I am getting CRC error. If I set full duplex means the line protocol is went down. So I am sure the duplex is half and then I tried speed 100, 10 & auto but the result is same. When I am connecting e0 int in 1700 router that time everything is fine settings is half duplex and speed is 10. I am facing this not only one router where ever I replacing 1842 router I am having same problem so I am suspecting some things problem in Fasethernet port.

Try with multiple combinations

1) speed 100

2) duplex full

patrickvanham
Level 1
Level 1

CRC errors on a port could be an indication of a duplex mismatch, like collisions are. set both to auto on both ends and see what they autonegotiate. If the port doesn't come up try setting both ends to speed 10 but leave duplex auto.

hi,

The Fa ethernet port supports 100 mbps/full duplex.Jus try changing the config..

regards

Bibek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: