Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

CRC Errors

At one of my remote sites i am getting complaints of dropped calls, so i take a look at their router and notice the CRC errors are climbing on one of the serial interfaces at a steady rate. I assumed it was a faulty T1 controller, so i replaced it, but the issue remains. I replaced the cables with new ones, but the problem remains. I called our carrier and had them check the circuit and it checked out good. I have replaced the router, but still, the errors keep growing and dropped calls still persist. I am at a stand still and would appreciate any help!!!!!  Nothing has changed with the configuration (encapsulation, duplex, speed, clock rate, etc...)

Thanks in advance,

Joe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: CRC Errors

CRC errors == faulty circuit.

Note, you must be present onsite for a BERT test with telco in order to have them at least acknowledge the problem.

Their normal reaction is to deny until pressed with evidence.

Hi Joe,

take loop and perform bert test with carrier i think that will resolve the problem.

BRegards

Mukul

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

CRC errors == faulty circuit.

Note, you must be present onsite for a BERT test with telco in order to have them at least acknowledge the problem.

Their normal reaction is to deny until pressed with evidence.

Apparently running the test a second time found an issue in the telco equipment. Or they never ran the first test!! Thanks.

---

Hi Joe,

take loop and perform bert test with carrier i think that will resolve the problem.

BRegards

Mukul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content