cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating delay or lowering link speed on t1 lines

neal.miller
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab environment and I need to somehow lower/delay t1 link interfaces. I am looking to make the links be about 128K or so. I am using wic-1dsu-t1 cards in all routers with cross over t1 cables. Can someone let me know of the command or commands to accomplish this. Setting the bandwidth is just a description so i know that won't work. Is this possible?

Thanks all

Neal

5 Replies 5

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We can rate-limit the interface badnwdith by using the below command and any excess traffoc will be dropped

interface serial0/0

rate-limit input 1280000 192000 480000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

rate-limit output 1280000 192000 480000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Please Rate Helpful Posts.

Best Reagrds,

Mounir Mohamed

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

If your just wanting to adjust delay, use the interface configuration command "delay x" where x is your delay value.

delay doesn not delay poackets. Is simply a reference value used by some routing protocols for calculating metrics.

ekiriakos
Level 1
Level 1

use the clock rate command under the dce interface.

That will clock out packets out based on the clock speed hence if you configure clock rate 64000 (as opposed to higher clock rates) you will notice slower response from the far end.

It's not scientific but that's one way of doing it. The proper way to do it in a LAB if you are testing production services is to use a WAN simulator.

HTH

E.

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

interface Serial0/0

service-module t1 timeslots 1-2

This will give you a 128kb fractional T1. There is no way to set static delay in the routers. You need a WAN simulator to effectively do that.

Please rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: