Helpful
Replies

CRS-1 adds MSC

coastail
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario: 2 online CRS-1(16slots)

Task: install new CRS-MSC-40-B, SIP-800

Background:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/crs/crs1/16_slot_lc/install/installation/guide/lcch5.html#wp1279667

after I installed the MSC, if I noticed LED status goes GREEN, what I need to do next or that's all ?

I found license in my goods list, I don't know whether I need use it in somewhere.

thank you for your advices & share you field experience , to avoid unnecessary adventure.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Costail,

>> Use the Status LED, located on the MSC faceplate, to verify the correct installation of the MSC:

When the MSC is properly installed, the Status LED turns green. If this LED is off, verify that the MSC is installed correctly.

If a failure occurs during the board boot sequence, the two four-digit alphanumeric LED displays indicate the current boot phase to assist you in debugging the board failure.

I agree you should be fine if you see the LED becoming steady green

to be noted: in a recent thread has been pointed out that if we install an empty MSC with no SPA, the system does not start IOS XR on it as there is no need to run IOS XR if no external interfaces are available.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

thank you giuslar

I think your suggestions would be useful.

and can you say sth. about the license? Must I send it to IOS XR ? If yes , HOW ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card