Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11501 service redirect

sluciano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am new to the CSS 11501 content switch. I have it working with 2 virtual webservers...however when the web admin does maintenance on one web server they shut down apache and leave the virtual ip up...the content switch still sends requests to the server with the apache service down....can i configure it to check a port and if it is down sned the request to the other server?

thanks

Steve

19 Replies 19

That looks like it should be working now. With the service as Down, it should not receive any new connections.

Brandon

hang tight....it may be working.....if i do a sh load i get 0 average response time for WEBSERVER1....is this a good indicator?

thanks

Steve

I don't think that shows what you want in this case. The average response in the show load command is telling you the average time it takes to create a new flow for that service, from flow setup to teardown.

I would use the show service summary, and show service WEBSERVER1 to see if the number of connections is increasing (Current Local connections)

Great.....it seems to be working...thank you for all the help...

Steve

Glad it to hear works. The CSS is a pretty powerful platform and it can be configured in a lot of different ways. Be sure and check out the docs for other features you might be interested in.

Please rate if you found my comments helpful.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card