Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

csu/dsu configuration

Hello all,

I am about to purchase a Cisco 2801 router with two integrated CSU/DSU cards for our T1 connections which should gives us a total 3.0 mbps bandwidth. I am a newbie to Cisco routers and I have to configure this unit. I was wondering if someone could share a configuration file for such a setup or points me to the right direction. I need to know what parameters I need to configure for the CSU/DSU part of the router so I get the desired bandwidth.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: csu/dsu configuration

Hi Friend,

What you need to do exactly is to set the T1 controllers setting to get the desired bandwidth.You have to set the framing, timeslots and line coding. All these sttings will be given to you by your ISP.

config t

Controller t1 0/0

framing esf

line code b8zs

channel-group 1-24

These are the settings that you require under the T1 settings.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Green

Re: csu/dsu configuration

Also, beyond what Amit has provided, you'll need to know (from your ISP / Carrier) whether it's Frame Relay (you'll need to know the DLCI - Data-Link Circuit Identifier and other parameters like CIR and burst values), HDLC (if it's HDLC, there are a couple flavors to choose from) or PPP.

If you intend to combine the two T1/DS1s to get 3 Mbps, then you'll need some parameters for the MLFR or MLPPP setup as well.

Got any more details you can provide?

Let us know....

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content