Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Curiousity on T1 to T1 configurations

Quick question I have on T1 WIC configurations. I'm doing a test at home... I have the following for my lab:

3620 (1 T1 DSU/CSU)

2501 (2 ser, 1 eth)

2 x 3810's (1 3810V w/MFT-T1-RF's, APM-FXS-RF's)

2524 w/ all WIC's (4-wire 56/64-kbps DSU/CSU, Fractional T1/T1 DSU/CSU, serial x 2)

I'm using my 3620 as an MGCP gateway for VoIP/Security studies using IOS 12.3(21) IP/FW/IDS/etc...

I wanted to tinker more with the WIC's using frame-relay but am unsure if I can configure say a T1 WIC as if I provisioned it for a company, piped into another T1 WIC. Maybe a crossover?

E.g.: 3620(T1 WIC) --> rollover --> 2524(T1 WIC) or vice versa then using preconfigured configurations for VoIP.

I'm a bit lost on how to do something similar. Bottom line, I want to use either a 3810 or the 2524 as if I were a customer getting T1 service (frame-relay, or other) and that router that is getting traffic, is getting it from another router using that other router's T1 interface. Is this possible? I tried searching some of my books (ICND, BCMSN, BSCN, BCRAN, CCIE Large Scale IP, etc.) and have not come across anything even close to what what I would like to do. Any thoughts? TIA

1 REPLY

Re: Curiousity on T1 to T1 configurations

If you want to create a back to back T1 connection between the routers you can use an E1 crossover cable to connect them.

This would simulate a p2p connection.

If you want to simulate a FR cloud, then you would require a 3rd router which acts as a frame relay switch.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content