Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Datacenter connectivity - diversity

I have a scenario where a company, Head office & DR Datacenter is one location, 3 x remote branch offices and a remote Production Datacenter are currently connected via a fibre delivered  MPLS IP network, configured using BGP routing provided by a local Telco. There are approximately 3 x Telco hops between sites.

The Head office and DR Datacenter and the Production Datacenter boundary routers which connect to the Telco BG AS also has recently been supplemented by a new directly connected fibre connection at layer 2 end to end.

I would like to set up some automatic redundancy to utilize the new fibre in the event of an outage to the MPLS network affecting connectivity between the two Datacenter sites.   

In the event of an outage between the Datacenter sites this might not necessarily affect connectivity from the Head office & DR Datacenter and all of the branch offices.

Currently, I am sending only a little of the Head Office & DR Datacenter traffic to the Production Datacenter via the new fibre link by configuring policy routing.

I am looking at suggestions on how I might integrate the directly connected fibre connection to provide diversity and redundancy as well as better utilize the direct fibre connection.

Is another BGP connection between these two routers a viable way or would I be better to look at a different routing process eigrp, ripv2 etc?

thanks Peter.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content