Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DDNS command problem in CLI with the question mark

Hi

I've configured a CISCO857 router for internet access that gets a dynamic public address. To be able to join this router via his public dynamic ip address, i've configured DDNS method with dyndns.org site. Now i can telnet this router with his name without knowing the dynamic IP received. All of this works.

Now my question: i need to configure a lot of those routers with the same parameters (except private addresses, hostname for example). I create a template config and copy/paste it in cli config mode. There is this particular command for ddns:

add <A HREF="javascript:newWin('http://test:test@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname')">http://test:test@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname</A>=<h>&myip=<a>

and the problem is that when the question mark is paste in the cli , the router interpret the ? as a help query and the command is not completed.

Is there a trick to have the question mark be interpreted as a character and not as help query since the template created by a notepad ?

PS : i know that when configuring this command directly with the keyboard in the cli, you need to press Ctrl v , but how to manage this with a notepad file ?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: DDNS command problem in CLI with the question mark

this is due to the occurance of the bug CSCsh51342.

the workaround is,

Workaround:

1. Insert twice "\" characters than needed if you insist doing it from CLI.

2. Insert flex filter in WBM

3. Pay attention to flex filter configuration after importing running config - fix the flex filters manually from WBM if needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content