cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Route redistributed into BGP issue

noxkrugger
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I'm working with Cisco 7609 as CE to serve multiple tenant in the building/campus. For CE-PE routing I use OSPF per VRF to connect into PE. Let's say we have 10 tenants, we must create 10 VRFs at each PE & CE,right?

At the PE, I create one VRF (VRF 88) to import/export all the 10 VRFs. So I create one subinterface that carry the VRF 88 to peer via eBGP with Core SW at Data Center.

FYI, Data Center is another provider that have interconnect with ISP and us. Data Center include Core SW (Cisco 6513) and Edge Router (Cisco 7500). Core SW and Edge Router also connect via eBGP. Is it right to use different AS for Core SW & Edge Router as there are in the same administration?.

The design is like this:

CE(Private AS 65000)> PE(Public AS 11111)> Core SW(Private AS 65013)>Edge Router (Public AS 22222)>>>ISP Internet.

Edge Router have default route to ISP and static routes via Core SW.

Core SW have default route to Edge Router only.

When I configure PE to peer with Core SW via eBGP, I think the route is no distributed enough to get the route to the internet. I must configure each vrf, default route to get to Internet. For example,

At PE

=====

ip route vrf 88 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant2 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant3 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant10 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

At CE also,

ip route vrf tenant1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant2 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant3 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

ip route vrf tenant10 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.2

Suppose the eBGP is working between PE>Core SW>Edge Router without default route configured for each VRF at PE and CE level,right?

And how to redistribute default route into BGP at PE. As right now, I need to configure one default route per each tenant(using VRF) and it is quite messy design. I think if we redistribute the default route into BGP, there are no need to configure default route for each customer.

Want your advice please.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As for a default-route to be propagated to your PE, Config the following under BGP process:

router bgp AS

address famil ipv4 vrf tenant

nei x.x.x.x default-originate

As for the CE side, IF you dont run a routing protocol, you will always need a static default route pointing to the PE.

HTH

Mohamed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

You can use different AS for Core and Edge routers. If you are redistributing the routes in eBGP then there is no need to have a different route for each customer. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/bgp_next_hop_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As for a default-route to be propagated to your PE, Config the following under BGP process:

router bgp AS

address famil ipv4 vrf tenant

nei x.x.x.x default-originate

As for the CE side, IF you dont run a routing protocol, you will always need a static default route pointing to the PE.

HTH

Mohamed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card