Views
Helpful
Replies

default route with bgp

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just a clarification on an earlier post. When I implement iBGP in a few weeks, it will be done using the loopbacks on the PE and CE routers. One question I did have is about the default route statement.

I have seen on Cisco's site that the following should be added:

ip route <PE Loopback0> 255.255.255.255 <PE router>

How is this to be done when I have two Serial interfaces connecting to two on the other end. Do I have two of these commands? one for each serial address on the other end?

TIA,

R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

You can indeed have two such commands with two different addresses at the end of it. The router will load-balance over these two links in order to get to the PE's loopback address (make sure to enable 'ip cef' on your router).

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

You can indeed have two such commands with two different addresses at the end of it. The router will load-balance over these two links in order to get to the PE's loopback address (make sure to enable 'ip cef' on your router).

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Ok, thanks Paresh. I was unsure if it would indeed load balance if I was using CEF.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card