Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Design Help

I am building a network and need to provide data from a new site to an existing site via a tie-in to their network.

4 sites: Site A, B, C, and X.
I need to get data from Site A to Site C, by way of Site B.

Data is either Ethernet or Modbus over TCP/IP, but there will be voice data on the line to be pulled out and connected to a pbx and associated hardware on both ends.

Site C and X are connected via long-haul Microwave link.
Site B is at one of the towers connecting Site C and X.
Site A and B have a fiber optic cable running between them as well as an antenna and dish to establish a microwave link setup, to be used in the likely event the fiber connection is lost.

Access to Site B is limited and unmanned.

At site A and B, what hardware do I need to merge/bridge these two links, giving priority to the Fiber as available, but automatically switching to microwave when Fiber is down? I need to provide a single connection to the unknown equipment at Site B for the tie-in.

Thus far we have a 1841 Router for Site A and Site B and a Fiber Router for Site A. I suspect we will need a duplicate fiber router at Site B and a smartswitch, bridge, or similar on both ends to get everything talking.

Thank you!

-Aaron

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content