Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Backup with Dialer Watch

I am talking about backup configuration on two different routers here. I have one router on which DDR is configured and one other router with Dialer Watch. On the router with simple DDR configuration I can typically ping the AS5300 IP address and bring the ISDN line up. Similarly, is there a way I can test for the working of ISDN backup line on the Dialer Watch router? I tried pinging the AS5300 (this is a different AS5300 than the first one) from this router and it didn't work. I know that Dialer watch works on the combination of routes and convergence. When I tried to ping the other end, I still had the primary links up, and likewise its routes in the routing table. is that the reason dialer watch did not bring the ISDN line up? Please advise. I was wondering if there was any simple way to test for the working of backup line without taking down primary.

Thanks,

Ranjani

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

An easy way to bring up the line is using command,

isdn test call interface . More documentation is available here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008007ffda.html#wp1142244

If you try to ping the other end of the BRI interface and your dialer-list command (ACL combination) permits the ping traffic, it should bring up the line.

What does a sh isdn status command look like ?

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

An easy way to bring up the line is using command,

isdn test call interface . More documentation is available here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008007ffda.html#wp1142244

If you try to ping the other end of the BRI interface and your dialer-list command (ACL combination) permits the ping traffic, it should bring up the line.

What does a sh isdn status command look like ?

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

That was sweet. It worked.

Thanks,

Ranjani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card