cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dialer watch initial state problem

dragec
Level 1
Level 1

I am usimg FR links and ISDN as backup using dialer watches. What I've noticed that if router is rebooted and primary link is down, ISDN is never dialed. Like there is a problem with initial state of watched route. Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I apologize for the inconvenience.

the way to enable intial route-check is like this

dialer watch-list 2 ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

dialer watch-list 2 delay route-check initial 60

In 12.1(3)T The delay route-check initial seconds keywords and argument were introduced.

Kindly let me know if it help you. i will dig more about the dialer-watch in 12.4 SP Services and let you know ASAP.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

hechangqing
Level 1
Level 1

can i read the router's running-config ?

hechangqing
Level 1
Level 1

can i read the router's running-config ?

here it is

anyone any ideas about this?

Dragan

I do not know any authoritative answer about your issue. I can imagine that Dialer Watch may need to see the route in the routing table and then see the route withdrawn to trigger the dial. There is an active Ask The Expert in the Remote Access forum on Troubleshooting Modem and ISDN. I wonder if you might get a more authoritative answer if you post your question to that discussion.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi :

Your attachments are not opening, but I can say you how to configure Dialer watch.If the problem persists still now, then you can mail me you r running config in my e mail.

sandipani_c@yahoo.com

Thanks & Reagrads

Sandipani C

Network Admin

WT.

attachment again

The Dialer Watch feature is triggered only when the primary route is removed from the routing table. If the primary link fails to come up during initial startup of the router, the route is never added to the routing table and will not be watched. Enabling the delay route-check initial time option of the dialer watch-list command ensures that the router will dial the backup link if a primary link fails during initial startup.

try this

dialer watch-list 5 ip 172.30.30.0 255.255.255.252 delay route-check initial 5

Mohmmad Imran

there is no this "delay route-check" part in 12.4 spservices or 12.3 ipbase IOS. So wich version must I have for this?

I apologize for the inconvenience.

the way to enable intial route-check is like this

dialer watch-list 2 ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

dialer watch-list 2 delay route-check initial 60

In 12.1(3)T The delay route-check initial seconds keywords and argument were introduced.

Kindly let me know if it help you. i will dig more about the dialer-watch in 12.4 SP Services and let you know ASAP.

it works ... thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card