Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialer-watch periodically redials

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we configured DDR Backup over ISDN for an IPSec-connection using dialer-watch. We defined a route to be watched and also interesting traffic.

When the route is deleted from the routing table, the router dials the backup connection as intended and traffic is rerouted over the BRI-Interface.

But every 60 seconds, the router disconnects the call, checks for the primary route and then reestablishes the call.

Is this default behaviour? I would have expected the router to check periodically for the primary route, but i don't think it is necessary to tear down the call for this purpose.

Is there a timer setting which keeps the call up while checking for the primary route or anything similar.

Regards,

Sebastian

4 Replies 4

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

dialer watch-disable xx

This delays disconnecting the backup interface for xx seconds after the primary interface is found to be up, that is xx seconds after the idle timeout expired after the primary link came UP.

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

Sorry if i didn't point that out right: The backup call is disconnected although the primary link is still down.

Do You think this timer will affect this problem although?

Regards,

Sebastian

If you don't have it in the config, put it an see what it does. Alternatively, you can post your Primary Link, BRI and Dialer config.

Off to play COD4, see ya later :)

I will try that soon. Anyway, here is the config:

interface BRI0/1/0

description ISDN-Backup

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache cef

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

ip ospf network broadcast

ip ospf cost 9999

ip ospf priority 0

dialer map ip x.x.x.x name x broadcast x

dialer map ip x.x.x.x name x broadcast x

dialer load-threshold 1 either

dialer watch-group 1

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

ppp multilink

!

access-list 100 deny ospf any any

access-list 100 permit ip any any

dialer watch-list 1 ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 100

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: