yes the trigger is the fact that watched routes disappear from IP routing table, this can happen even if primary link is up and EIGRP adajcency ip up if someone use a route filter on the other side or for other reasons.
combining IP SLA and EIGRP is not possible I think. you can combine IP SLA with static routes using reliable static routing.
It is also explained the conditions of trigger for dialer watch:
Monitoring the watched routes is done in the following sequence:
1. Whenever a watched route is deleted, Dialer Watch checks whether there is at least one valid route for any of the defined watched IP addresses.
2. If no valid route exists, the primary line is considered down and unusable.
3. If a valid route exists for at least one of the defined IP addresses and if the route is pointing to an interface other than the backup interface configured for Dialer Watch, the primary link is considered up.
4. If the primary link goes down, Dialer Watch is immediately notified by the routing protocol and the secondary link is brought up.
5. Once the secondary link is up, at the expiration of each idle timeout, the primary link is rechecked.
6. If the primary link remains down, the idle timer is indefinitely reset.
7. If the primary link is up, the secondary backup link is disconnected. Additionally, you can set a disable timer to create a delay for the secondary link to disconnect, after the primary link is reestablished.
the key point is point 2) that states that is not linked to real status of primary link but to missing watched routes at point 1)
also Dialer watch handles topologies where alternate paths different then backup exist per point 3)
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...
Attached policy provides CLI access to the Cisco 4G router over text messaging. Two files are in the attached .tar file:
2. PDF with instructions on how to load and use the .tcl file.