Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialup Backup Problem

Phoungsakdavin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one router 1751 with wic-1am and 3825 with nm-8am-v2. What am doing is to configure DDR Back when my primary serial link goes down.

The router 1751 is the " Calling Router" and 3825 is the "Called Router".

The problem is when the serial interface goes down, and the backup link is then activated. As i see the debug the router 1751 is calling, but about 5 second it is disconnected. It seems the 3825 router doesn't pick up the call.

Please find the atttached file.

Regards,

VIN

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i would suggest to use the floating static route (secondary route) pointing via the Async instead of using backup interface command.

If you shut the serial interface which has the backup interface command configured under it will inturn affect in triggering the async interface.

So i would suggest to remove the backup command and add with some admin distance.

interface Serial1

no backup delay 10 10

no backup interface Async1

!

no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.1 10

!

Also do post out your 3825 router config here..

regds

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i would suggest to use the floating static route (secondary route) pointing via the Async instead of using backup interface command.

If you shut the serial interface which has the backup interface command configured under it will inturn affect in triggering the async interface.

So i would suggest to remove the backup command and add with some admin distance.

interface Serial1

no backup delay 10 10

no backup interface Async1

!

no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.1 10

!

Also do post out your 3825 router config here..

regds

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I changed the routing as you above mentioned, but the problem still happen. Please see the configuration of the Router 3825 and its debug while the router 1721 is calling.

Regards,

VIN

Hi

Pls change u r 3825 router config as below and check

no username xxx password xxx

username xxx password xxx

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco