Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Different Exit and Entry Interfaces and NAT

HI,

Am Facing a problem with NAT. I have a cisco 1841 router with a WIC 1 T on it. I have connected my laptop on to F0/1 which is configured with IP 192.168.1.1/24. I have a DVB reciever connected on to the F0/0. There is a TX only Satellite link connected on to S0/0/0 to my ISP. The traffic to My ISP is on S0/0/0 and the return traffic is on F0/0.

I have to have access internet from my User Lan which is 192.168.1.1.

I have configured an access list -

access-list 100 permit any any

I have configured PAT -

ip nat source list 100 interface s0/0/0 overload.

There is a valid and routable IP on s0/0/0.

Strangely when i give an extended ping from my router, using destination as any pingable Valid IP on internet and source as 192.168.1.1, i am getting a reply.

I am seeing IP NAT Translations also.

But when i am pinging from my Laptop which is configured with ip 192.168.1.2 and Mask 255.255.255.0 and gateway as 192.168.1.1...although i see the NAT translations on the router, i am not able to ping the same IP address.

Int S0/0/0 is configured with - ip nat outside

int f0/1 is configured with - ip nat inside.

Can some one assist me why i am not able to reach to internet from the invalid IP block altough NAT translations are happening and i am able to do extended ping and how to resolve this issue.

Thanks a ton for your kind help.

Thanks and Regards,

Vamsi Krishna

1 REPLY

Re: Different Exit and Entry Interfaces and NAT

HI Guys...Just wanted to update you that the above mentioned problem was resolved by configuring - ip nat outside on F0/0.

Anyways, Thanks for your help.

Regds,

Vamsi Krishna

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content