Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Difficulties w/ Connection to Main Site over ADSL on 877 VPN

I have a remote office setup over ADSL. The remote office has public addresses, which they use to reach our main site. When going to the internet, they NAT using the ISPs address. Connectivity appears ok to both main site and internet, voice communication is good. Novell applications are behaving erratically and seem to point to poor link quality (although w/ voice working great, that doesn't make sense). Config attached.

Is there something obvious that could be creating a problem? I've dropped all the mtu's down to 1500 and am still having issues.

All the sensitive information has been modified or removed from this config.

6 REPLIES

Re: Difficulties w/ Connection to Main Site over ADSL on 877 VPN

If you do a ping -l 2000 from a Windoze PC (ping -s 2000 from Linux) what happens, do you get any packet loss?

Your voice packets will be very small, around 200bytes...I am having a similar problem.

I didn't have quick access to a workstation, so I pinged from a switch at the remote office back to the main site, w/ a datagram size of 2000. On 100 packets I had 0 lost.

J

I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. I reposted in the remote access list. Sorry about that.

Although the switch had 100% success, I just had a client repeat the ping, and he had over 50% loss.

In that case investigate the 50% loss. It could be you have load balancing with a good and a bad route.

In my case it appears to be a statement ip mtu 1492 that breaks connectivity for large packets. Removing this statement and the pings go through.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually able to resolve this by dropping the workstation MTU down.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content