cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable BGP message on 2900

Pat Gainer
Level 1
Level 1

Today when I connected my serial cable to the serial port on the 2951, I noticed BGP session-5 messages scrolling even before I logged in. In fact it was disrupting username and password entry. How does on disable those messages from scrolling until I need them? I am NOT ASKING HOW TO DISABLE BGP. Just how to stop the info messages displaying through the serial  port.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sumit menaria
Level 1
Level 1

You can disable all the console messages appearing on the screen by using no logging console command .This will stop messages from popping up when you connect though console port.These are also a security issue as a person without logging into the router may be able to see various messages and alerts in the box. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sumit menaria
Level 1
Level 1

You can disable all the console messages appearing on the screen by using no logging console command .This will stop messages from popping up when you connect though console port.These are also a security issue as a person without logging into the router may be able to see various messages and alerts in the box. 

Pat Gainer
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Sumi for the quick answer. I actually found the answer to my own question shortly after I posted, but I was in panic mode at the time of posting. Thanks again for your help.

Pat

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card