I'm having a problem with our 6509 switch. We have had RIP enabled for a while and we'd like to disable it on this switch because we felt that it was not being used. However when RIP is disabled, after a short period of time, it appears that the 6509 loses its routes. A 'sh ip route' command shows that the route for the subnetwork I'm trying to reach is entered in, in fact it's a local interface in the 6509 so it doesn't even need a static route, it shows connected. However clients on that subnetwork can receive data, but they cannot send any data.
I have noticed that re-enabling RIP fixes this problem almost immediately. Additionally, if I leave RIP disabled, and go to a client machine, and do a 'tracert' into a PC on the network that the switch is on, communications will resume working properly.
I've had a Cisco Engineer look at the config on the switch and he says that it looks to be correct. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this scenario? Thanks
I have looked through the config that you posted and nothing stands out as a potential issue. I continue to feel that this is more likely an issue with something on the PC than it is an issue on the 6509.
I went back and read again your original post. Do I understand correctly that if you turn off RIP, and then from a PC do a tracert to another PC that things start to work again? Are the address of the PC that you tracert to in any particular subnet?
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...