cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dissapearing Static Route

ccotech00
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone pls help ,i`ve got a Cisco 3745 with a remote site connected to it via Diginet ,i have configured a static route on the router ,problem is when interface to remote site drops the route dissapears from the routing table and causes a routing loop ,how can i prevent this ?

2 Replies 2

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ccotech,

Not sure about your topology so might be it is resulting in a routing loop but if the remote side interface goes down the static route pointing to it will obviously go out of the routing table so ou can have one solution for it atleast to stop the loop.

You can have one more same static route with higher admin dist which the current route is having and point it to null0 interface like this

ip route null0 2

if the first route goes out of routing table because of remote side interface going down the traffic to same destination will check this route and will drop this traffic because it points to null0 interface and will not result in loop.

Make sure the admin distance is just one more then the one which your current static route is having.

Try this and update if it helps.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi ankhur ,thanks for the reply ,actually forgot about the null interface this will definately work

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card