I work for a company that is about to start a small ISP. The company is planning to buy STM1 bandwidth from two service providers and distribute it among potential customers. It has already proucred IPs and AS No. from APNIC and would be running BGP with both the service providers. The last mile will be either OFC or Radio. I have been asked to look into the ways to distribute the bandwith to the customers. Some of my queries are.
1. Do we need to implement traffic shaping or traffic policing.
2. Where will it be done on router or on switch.
3. How do we configuring IP addressing and routing for the end clients.
4. What configuation is required to give bandwidth to users who have their own IP and AS No.
5. How do we do achive load balancing and fault tollerence with the two service providers.
I may be asking for too much of information, but any help would be appreciated. Also, advice for suggesting readings would be welcome.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...