Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DLSW, trying to determine if clients are using the bridge.

I've got a site that's bridged up to a foreign router using DLSW for mainframe access. My DLSW bridge is in place and connected but I'm not sure if anyone is really using it anymore. No one here seems to know if it's being used. I've issued the "show dlsw circuits history detail" command and from the output it look like it was maybe last used in August of 2004 if I'm translating this correctly. Below is the ouput. Can some one please tell me if what I think is the case truly correct?

1493172366 4000.017d.8090(04) 4000.1280.7433(04) 169.2.13.193

Created at : .05:18:22.000 PST Sat Aug 7 2004

Connected at : .05:18:22.368 PST Sat Aug 7 2004

Destroyed at : .10:01:52.563 PST Sat Aug 7 2004

Local Corr : 1493172366 Remote Corr: 2181038160

Bytes: 824/2004 Info-frames: 35/41

XID-frames: 2/1 UInfo-frames: 0/0

Flags: Local created, Remote connected

Last events:

Current State Event Add. Info Next State

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CONNECTED DLC DataInd 0x0 CONNECTED

CONNECTED WAN infoframe 0x0 CONNECTED

CONNECTED DLC DiscInd 0x0 DISC_PENDING

DISC_PENDING WAN dl-halted 0x0 CLOSE_PEND

CLOSE_PEND DLC CloseStnCnf 0x0 DISCONNECTED

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Re: DLSW, trying to determine if clients are using the bridge.

Hello Jeff,

is that the only entry you get (the one shown in your output) ? The circuit history is being kept for the last 32 circuits, if the one in your output is the only one you see, that means indeed that the last connection was on August 7, 2004.

When you do a ´show dlsw circuits history´ (that is, without the ´details´ keyword), you will see the last 32 entries. If you then use the command with the ´details´ keyword, and the latest disconnect was indeed on August 7, 2004, I think it can be safely assumed that noone has been using the bridge since then.

Here is the link to the relevant command reference, which explains all the fields shown in the output:

show dlsw circuits history

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/ibm_r/brprt2/brdlsw.htm#wp1027631

Regards,

GP

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jeff

This is an interesting question. I have done some DLSw but unfortunately this is beyond my level to answer authoritatively. I wonder if you would not find more people with this expertise in the Enterprise Data Center Networking forum. Perhaps you can post there and may get better response.

HTH

Rick

VIP Purple

Hello Jeff,

is that the only entry you get (the one shown in your output) ? The circuit history is being kept for the last 32 circuits, if the one in your output is the only one you see, that means indeed that the last connection was on August 7, 2004.

When you do a ´show dlsw circuits history´ (that is, without the ´details´ keyword), you will see the last 32 entries. If you then use the command with the ´details´ keyword, and the latest disconnect was indeed on August 7, 2004, I think it can be safely assumed that noone has been using the bridge since then.

Here is the link to the relevant command reference, which explains all the fields shown in the output:

show dlsw circuits history

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/ibm_r/brprt2/brdlsw.htm#wp1027631

Regards,

GP

GP

That is not the only entry I get with the "show dlsw circuits history" command but the entry I pasted had the latest date. All other entries were older than August 7, 2004. So, I'm guessing as you stated that the last use of the bridge was on August 7th 2004.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content