cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN / EIGRP - Layer 3 Switch Behind Router

adamtodd16
Level 3
Level 3

I am currently labbing a DMVPN / EIGRP environment to replace our existing IPsec environment. Our core environment looks like this:

Core Router (2951) 

Core Switch (3750)

Spoke Router (2911)

I've set-up the tunnel interface and EIGRP between the Core Router and Spoke and communication is no problem. The issue I am running into is the core switch houses the majority of our VLANS, so the spoke router can reach the core router, but not behind it to the switch. 

The Core Router and Switch are connected by an access port with a separate EIGRP config. 

Suggestions? 

4 Replies 4

Hello

Have you tried redistributing between the eigrp processes  or apply some static routes?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

All works great if I add static routers on the hub. 

I'm new to using EIGRP. How would I redistribute between the processes? 

I simply added:

router eigrp 50

redistribute eigrp 11

All is working now. Is there any caveats I should be aware of? 

Hello

Mutual redistribution  can be quite difficult to manage especially when you have multiple exit points attached to different routing processes which can easily  introduce loops in the network( something that we don't want to occur)

But these can be managed by Racls Tagging, metric manipulation etc. to the routes you are advertising/redistributing.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card