Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

DMVPN Issue

Hi,

I was configuring DMVPN in the lab and I faced an issue with EIGRP updates propagaion. Basically, my setup is comprised of one hub router and 2 spokes. The hub and one of the 2 spokes have Class C network in their inside sides, while the 2nd spoke router has a class B subnet of 60.0.0.0 wih a class C subnet mask of /24.

when configuring DMVPN, the EIGRP works fine with all except for the 60.0.0.0/24 network which doesn't get propagated. The spoke of concern particiapates in the EIGRP communications and learns all the routes but I dont know why its internal subnet doesn't get propagated to the other routers!

When enabling debug on the hub and spoke of concern, I see the following error message:

*Mar 1 04:40:46.022: EIGRP: Packet from ourselves ignored

After seeing that, I went and changed the subnet 60.0.0.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 and things worked fine with the same config!!

Does anybody have an idea of why was it failing with 60.0.0.0/24?!

My EIGRP config was this way:

router eigrp 10

no auto-summary

network 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 (This is for GRE)

network 60.0.0.0 0.0.0.255

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Haitham

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DMVPN Issue

This is an interesting one.

This is just taking some stabs in the dark right now till I can wrap my head around it.

In the 60 /24 block, do you have any IP's assigned to an interface?

When you did the 192.168.1.0/24 was it just in the EIGRP and no where else?

Is it possible to see the rest of the config?

Community Member

Re: DMVPN Issue

Hi,

In the 60/24 block, I have an interface having the IP 60.0.0.6 assigned to it. As this was not propagating through EIGRP, I changed the IP of this interface to 192.168.1.6 and replaced the 60 subnet with this one in my EIGRP process. I dont have any other dynamic routing running in my setup.

The config is too simple, please find attached the config of the spoke in question.

This is strange, isn't it!

R/ Haitham

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content