Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

dmvpn routing issue

@ spoke, I have a tunnel interface and two eigrp peers (primary hub and backup hub)

We installed the backup hub recently..

The dmvpn hub routers AD is tweaked to prefer eigrp external over internal routes

When the MPLS link of remote site 2 goes down, primary and secondary hub injects the prefix into the data centers..

The layer 3 switch has a distance command set toward the respective dmvpn hubs to tweak the AD greater than 170..this way when MPLS route with AD 170 (eEIGRP) is reappeared the dc layer 3 switch will accept it in their routing table.

we have a problem with the failover\failback as we inject the same prefix at two points into the data center..

On dmvpn spoke, is there a way I can form neighbhosrhip only with primary hub and with seconday only when primary is down?

Regards
Vinayak       

Regards Vinayak
2 REPLIES

dmvpn routing issue

I think the only way to do it is by using EEM script that will trigger in event of neighborship down with primary router and will add the neighbor statement for backup peer in eigrp process

When the neighborship with primary comes back up it will remove the neighbor statement for backup peer.

Community Member

dmvpn routing issue

will nhs cluster help me in this scenario?

Regards
Vinayak

Regards Vinayak
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content