Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN - Traffic Shaping with QOS not working

I have noticed on my 20 site DMVPN network that traffic shapping is not working correctly.  I am using a broadband provider and have several sites on a 50 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up Link, including the Hub site. The problem that I see is when one of my hosts aretransmitting a huge amount of data (over 10 Meg stream, typically a backup running on a remote file server), is that I am loosing EIGRP neighbor relationships. The remote router will recieve the DUAL msg "Peer goodbye received" which tells me that the HUB did not see 3 Hello packets in a row. The statistics from a Show Service Policy on the Outside Physical interface show everything is normal, packets with EF, CS6, etc are not being dropped and packets in the default class are being dropped. I am traffic shaping 'average' down to 10 meg and applying the service policy on the outside Interface. I have setup a test lab, (2) 2811 routers back to back, running c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin (same IOS ver on all my routers). If I turn off the DMVPN, shut down the tunnel int, turn on eigrp for my

"Wan" subnet, traffic shape policy is set to 2Mbps, everything works when I flood the router with packets generated by Solarwinds WAN Killer which is sending udp packets 1000 bytes @ average of 15Mbps.  Then I turn on the DMVPN, remove the WAN subnet from EIGRP, enable the tunnel

interfaces, I loose EIGRP neighbor relationships quite frequently.

The only option to stop this behavior is to configure "rate-limit output dscp 0 1800000 17912 17912 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop".

I choose 90% of my traffic shaped bandwidth and this is working pretty good. Other than this issue, the DMVPN is working great.

I have attached a config from my benchtest and some show commands.

On my "live" DMVPN Network, I have 2 DMVPN hub sites, I am not loosing EIGRP Neighbor Relationships with my 2nd Hub site, the file server backups are running to my 1st Hub site.

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content