cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN with OSPF routing table problem

jcozzupoli
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running DMVPN network. OSPF is the IGP running over the GRE tunnels. Sydney being the Hub, and Jakarta being a stub.

My problem is that routes advertised by the stub routers are not appearing in the Hubs RT but they are in the OSPF DB. I have had to add floating static routes into the Sydney router config to get the customer's production traffic running as a bandaid fix.

I have reloaded the Jakarta (stub) router. I have also cleared the RT, OSPF process, NHRP, and Crypto on both Sydney and Jakarta. This has had no results, and the same floating static routes I added to Sydney to temporary fix this issue for the customer still remain in the Sydney RT.

I have attached some output from both Sydney (hub) and Jakarta (spoke). If someone could look at this and try to give me some advice.

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Can you share your topology

Taking look at the configs the first thing that comes to mind is that the Hub router should have been acting as the DR instead of the spoke router. Not sure whether this should have any influence thoough

Narayan

Take a look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/26.html

Your links have the same network type, so that shouldn't be the problem. Are you using unnumbered links on one side? Can you provide the configs for the WAN interfaces at both sides? Having the spoke as the DR shouldn't cause any problems.

Justin

I fixed it.

The problem was that there is a half newly-transitioned secondary Hub router in Sydney that had a higher OSPF priority but had no adjacencies to the spokes. I adjusted the OSPF priorities around and now its all working well. This new secondary hub was turned on the same day as the issue began, but was ruled out as a cause by the design architect, I guess I should take his job now! :)

I just went back to CCNA basics, nobody could figure out what the issue was. Its a good lesson to step back a bit and think of the smallest things, as usually they are the problem.

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card